Advocate® is a so-called endectocide, a single product effective against both, ecto- and endoparasites, like fleas, lice, mites and different types of worms.
It is approved for different indications in cats, dogs and ferrets. Advocate® is applied once a month on the skin on the back of the animal (“spot-on”) in one or several spots, depending on the animal’s body weight. The active ingredient against fleas and lice, imidacloprid, then distributes on the entire skin while the active against worms and mites, moxidectin, penetrates the skin and enters the blood stream.
Thus, advocate® provides convenient, continuous and broad protection against numerous parasites threatening wellbeing, health and, in some cases, even the life of pets.
Using advocate® for prevention and treatment has various significant benefits:
- Monthly spot-on application for easy use
- Waterproof: remains effective even if the animal becomes wet
- The efficacy of advocate® in prevention and treatment has been proven in numerous studies
- Among all products indicated for dogs and cats, advocate® covers the broadest spectrum of internal and external parasites available
- Monthly application of advocate® is building up a plateau of antiparasitic moxidectin for continuous and long-lasting protection against internal parasites as shown at the example of hookworm.1